- hazuki_lynch: Often when I speak of lyrics, I say "there's no real emotional concept I want to convey," but strictly speaking that's not accurate. There are countless emotions I want to show you guys, but they aren't emotions I want to put into lyrics.
- hazuki_lynch: People are liable to misunderstand the idea of not wanting to convey an emotional concept in lyrics as saying the lyrics are meaningless. Even pro interviewers misunderstand this, and it's a problem that frustrates me.
- hazuki_lynch: To me, lyrics are more like the things you see in dreams. Making murmuring waves of people freeze (BALLAD), being able to walk on a rainbow-colored sky (CRYSTALIZE), even an old woman having female ejaculations (melt).
- hazuki_lynch: That said, I'm a little stumped because I do like meaningless lyrics. Specific ones being DOZE, MARROW, -273.15℃. Those ones are beautiful and I love them for that in itself.
- hazuki_lynch: There are cases where my lyrics have meaning and cases where they don't, but LIGHTNING is probably the first and last song where I sung the message to the outside, the rest are all soliloquies. When a person hears them, what they feel is entirely dependent on their own self. I want my lyrics to provide at least that much freedom.
According to two very caffeine-addled and sleep deprived college students with nothing better to do.
And yes, I realize this is just a TV show but I’m trying to avoid filling out scholarship applications and this seemed the best way to accomplish that.
That is so fucking awesome!